January 28, 2008

Another Failed Learner!

Last week, I met my cousin who sits at the 5th semester in a State University and he studies Management. He proudly showed me his final English test result. I saw ‘A’ when I stole at glance to his paper. Wow… what an excellent result!

Then, I tried to open a little conversation in English…
The 1st half minute was going smoothly, he answered my question well. I didn’t wonder because it was only the opening like:
“Who is your lecture’s name?”
“Is he a good lecture?

But, when I came to question which asked him to explain something, like:
“Can you tell me a little about management?”
his face was blushing! He knew the answer for sure, but he didn’t know how to speak it! Gosh..! That simple question should be easy for him! But he could not explain it in English…
Poor him…

What's wrong with him?
He is a clever one, he studies English since he was 10 years old, and now he is 20 years old..
Wow, he has been studying English for 10 years, he has spent many things to study English, his parent has spent a lot of money, but look what he's got??
He got nothing but certificates... He can not Speak English!!!

Any of you have the same experience??

1 comment:

leSTari said...

Hoho...

hmm..this story..

Honestly it's like tell boud me..

u know what's the problem?

i think is boud grammar n confident

is it rite?